Small, smooth skin eruptions that commonly develop on the neck, breasts, stomach, groin, eyelids, and armpits are known as skin tags. They are usually painless and non-harmful. Obesity, diabetes, and overweight people, as well as pregnant women, are more likely to develop skin tags. Procedures including cauterization, cryosurgery, ligation, and excision can be used to remove skin tags, but they can be costly and require the assistance of a medical practitioner. Everyone wants clean, healthy skin, so why risk it by undergoing potentially harmful and costly procedures? when you can get rid of skin tags with natural home remedies that are safe and cheap.
Here are 7 Home Remedies To Remove Skin Tags Quickly That You Shouldn’t Neglect:
1. Cutting method
This is one of the most effective methods for getting rid of skin tags on the body and face. A simple cutting approach is suggested by the National Health Service. You will need the assistance of a family member or friend before completing the treatment form.
You will need to prepare:
- A mild cleanser
- A liquid cleanser like Cetaphil or a bar of mild soap.
- Sterile forceps
- Sharp, sterilized scissors.
- To begin, thoroughly clean your skin and use tweezers to carefully grab the vertex of your skin tag. Then sever it at the base.
- Then, to stop the bleeding, apply steady pressure to the skin.
2. Remove skin tags from the face and body with nail polish
Another simple technique to remove skin tags from the face and body is by using nail polish. Dry skin tags can be helped to fall off with nail polish. It stings for a minute after application. For children, this method is not recommended.
- Prepare the nail polish and apply it to the skin tags, spreading it out evenly allow to dry before removing.
- For a few days or until the skin tags dissolve entirely, repeat this therapy up to three times a day.
3. Adhesive tape for skin tag removal
The backing, middle, and sticky layers of adhesive tape are all different layers. Skin tags are removed using an adhesive coating that clings to the skin.
- To begin, wash the skin tag in warm water and then pat it dry. Cover it with a piece of masking tape after that.
- Keep it for 10-12 days and remove it.
4. Using aspirin
It’s one of the best home remedies for skin tags. Because of its salicylic acid, aspirin helps exfoliate the skin to remove impurities and decrease the appearance of scars, wrinkles, and skin blemishes. Furthermore, it promotes collagen production, making the skin appear younger and smoother.
- First, crush one aspirin tablet and use the powder to apply it to the skin tag.
- Continue overnight by covering with masking tape. Wash it off in the morning.
- Repeat this method daily for about three weeks.
- As an alternative, crush the tablet and mix the powder with water. If desired, add a pinch of baking soda and apply it to your skin tag. Before washing, let it air dry. Three times a day, repeat the procedure.
5. Apple cider vinegar (ACV)
It’s also an effective natural treatment for dandruff, scalp infections, and itchy scalps. It is also advantageous to remove the skin tag naturally at home. Because of its acidic nature, ACV dissolves the skin tag’s tissues and cells, causing it to slip off after a few treatments. To detoxify the skin and body, ACV can be used both internally and externally. Furthermore, apple cider vinegar offers the body with protein, which is necessary for the body to produce new, smooth skin.
- Dip a cotton swab in apple cider vinegar and use it to clean. Continue by applying it directly to the skin tag.
- To relieve the skin tag, repeat this therapy three times a day for a few weeks.
Note: Because of its acidic nature, ACV can cause itching and stinging. So, if you have sensitive skin and want to use ACV as your home remedy for skin tag removal then dilute the ACV with water in an equal amount. Apple juice can be substituted for ACV.
6. Tea tree oil to remove skin tags
Tea tree oil, as we all know, has several skin advantages. This oil contains terpinene and cineole, both of which are beneficial in the treatment of a variety of skin disorders and ailments. Tea tree oil is an effective natural treatment for skin problems and greasy skin. Because it has antimicrobial, antibacterial, and antifungal characteristics, the oil aids in the drying of the labels from the inside. After the skin tag has been removed, the oil’s antibacterial characteristics aid in preventing further infection. It’s one of the popular home remedies for how to remove skin tags. Here are two methods to remove skin tags using this oil:
- To begin, combine three drops of tea tree oil, four drops of apple cider vinegar, and one drop of lemon juice (five drops).
- Then, using a cotton ball, dip it into the mixture. Apply the paste to your skin tag and cover it with a plaster.
- For ten days, the procedure must be performed twice a day.
- To begin, wash and dry the skin around your tag. After that, wet a cotton ball and squeeze away the excess water.
- After that, apply three drops of tea tree oil to the moist cotton ball. For 3 minutes, gently massage the skin tag with the cotton. Continue to use the solution.
- It’s recommended that you do this three times a day until they go away. This oil should not be applied straight to the skin because it irritates it.
7. The use of oregano oil
There are several great home remedies to remove skin tags from the face and body naturally. Oregano oil is one of them. Oregano is a highly scented plant that can also be used to remove skin tags. Carvacrol, p-cymene, and thymol are phenolic terpenoid chemicals found in oregano oil, and they have potent antispasmodic, anti-inflammatory, antigenomic, antioxidant, and antimicrobial activities. These qualities aid in the removal of skin tags by causing them to dry out.
- To begin, combine three drops of oregano oil with six drops of coconut oil. Then, three times a day, apply this solution to the skin tag.
- Follow the instructions for 3 to 4 weeks until the skin tag is entirely gone.
Note: Oregano oil can cause skin irritation and red spots. As a result, you should dilute it with a carrier oil before using it.
So, If your skin tag is troubling you, you can try out these home remedies to remove skin tag. Just make sure that you follow the basics. Do not try to do anything extra or improvise.